GoPro HERO3 Silver Edition
The GoPro HERO2 is the go anywhere and all environment sports camera, but now there is a GoPro Hero3 Silver Edition on the market. So what has changed? with hands on you will notice that The GoPro HERO3 is 25 percent lighter than the previous-generation HERO2’s camera. It’s also 30 percent smaller. However, all of that reduction manifests in reduced thickness with a new depth of only 20mm. The height and width (42mm by 60mm) are unchanged to maintain compatibility with GoPro’s line of BacPac add-on modules and rear doors for the clear plastic shell.
The GoPro HERO3 is sharper
On the front panel, you’ll find the new f/2.8, six-element aspherical lens that offer twice the image sharpness and reduce the amount of barrel distortion at the extremes of its 170-degree field of view. However, the characteristic fish-eye look of the video and photos captured by the HERO3 hasn’t been totally removed, as it’s sort of a hallmark of the action-camera style, adding a bit of drama to scenery as it speeds by.
The HERO3 uses the same improved LCD of the HERO2, with its monochromatic dot-matrix display, which is easy enough to navigate using the GoPro’s combination mode/power button to change modes and the shutter release to make selections. However, there is a bit of a learning curve. Expect to spend a bit of time on your first outing just looping through the menus and getting used to where the options are.
The GoPro HERO3 Silver Edition Camera is smaller, lighter and sharper than its predecessor. It’s also Wi-Fi enabled, an upgrade with minor but vital improvements the HERO3 beer many of the HERO2 original features.
The HERO3 is designed for recording action sports and it comes with a rugged, waterproof housing that can go down to a depth of 197′ (60 m). The camera captures up to Full HD 1920 x 1080p video at 30 fps, but it also captures 960p, 720p and 480p video as well. Plus, it supports NTSC and PAL, and it can record up to 120 fps. For still images, the HERO3 supports 5, 8 and 11-megapixel photos.
The HERO3 is compatible with the optional Wi-Fi Remote, LCD Touch BacPac and Battery BacPac (all sold separately). It comes with several mounts and mounting hardware for a variety of uses. The camera features an ultra-wide angle, 6-element aspherical lens, an 11-megapixel sensor and microSD card slot that accepts up to 64GB cards. There’s a USB 2.0 port, a micro HDMI output and a port for optional accessories including the 3.5mm Stereo Mic Adapter and Composite A/V Adapter (both sold separately).
To ensure you get the best shot possible, the HERO3 is equipped with advanced camera settings including video looping, Protune, manual white balance and more. Plus, it supports 11-megapixel burst shooting at 10 fps and time-lapse recording at 0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 30 or 60 second intervals. The HERO3 also features AAC compression with AGC enhanced audio performance, as well as a 1050 mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
- Wearable, mountable camera with ultra-wide angle aspherical, 6-element lens
- Capture Full HD 1080p (30 fps), HD 960p (48 fps), HD 720p (60 fps) and WVGA 480p (120 fps) video
- Immersive, wide angle capture of your favorite activities
- Professional quality 5, 8 and 11-megapixel photo capture with 10 fps burst mode
- Built-in Wi-Fi enables remote control via optional Wi-Fi Remote or live video preview and remote control on smartphones and tablets running the free GoPro app
- Rugged housing is waterproof to 197′ (60 m) and captures sharp images above and below water
- Compatible with all GoPro mounts for attaching to gear, body, helmets, vehicles and more
- Compatible with LCD Touch BacPac and second generation Battery BacPac
- Backwards compatible with older generation BacPacs
- Advanced camera settings include video looping, Protune, manual white balance controls and more
- Port for optional accessories supports 3.5mm Stereo Mic Adapter and Composite A/V Adapter (sold separately)
- Basic mounts and hardware included for attaching to helmets, gear and more
- Supports microSD cards up to 64GB
- Micro HDMI output
- Enhanced audio performance supports AAC audio compression with AGC
- Auto, Cam Raw 3000K, 5500K and 6500K white balance modes
For more information and cool videos go to the official website: gopro.com