GoPro HERO3 Black Edition Camera
With the new White and Silver Edition HERO3 on the market to replace the extraordinary HERO2 wasn’t enough GoPro has made a Black Edition to push the envelope further. GoPro has become a household name for exuberant bikers, boarders, wing-suit fliers and speeding race car daredevils to name a few, this miniature yet tough and waterproof HD “camcorder” has taken capturing footage to a new level, the HD HERO3 is being used for all sorts of TV and movie production too, by highly respected directors and producers. The secret is where other pro film equipment cant go the HERO3 has the versatility and can be mounted on any surface to be taken to the skys or merged to great depth of water at a price that won’t break the bank.
The GoPro HERO3 is sharper
On the front panel, you’ll find the new f/2.8, six-element aspherical lens that offer twice the image sharpness and reduce the amount of barrel distortion at the extremes of its 170-degree field of view. However, the characteristic fish-eye look of the video and photos captured by the HERO3 hasn’t been totally removed, as it’s sort of a hallmark of the action-camera style, adding a bit of drama to scenery as it speeds by.
The HERO3 uses the same improved LCD of the HERO2, with its monochromatic dot-matrix display, which is easy enough to navigate using the GoPro’s combination mode/power button to change modes and the shutter release to make selections. However, there is a bit of a learning curve. Expect to spend a bit of time on your first outing just looping through the menus and getting used to where the options are.
The GoPro HERO3 Silver Edition Camera is smaller, lighter and sharper than its predecessor. It’s also Wi-Fi enabled, an upgrade with minor but vital improvements the HERO3 beer many of the HERO2 original features.
The GoPro HERO3 Black Edition Camera is smaller and lighter than its predecessor. It’s also Wi-Fi enabled. The HERO3 is designed for recording action sports and it comes with a rugged housing that is waterproof down to a depth of 197′ (60 m). The camera captures 4K Cinema, 2.7K Cinema, 1440p and Full HD 1920 x 1080p video. It also captures 960p, 720p and 480p video as well. Plus, it supports NTSC and PAL, and it can record up to 240 fps. For still images, the HERO3 supports 5, 7 and 12-megapixel photos.
The HERO3 includes the GoPro Wi-Fi Remote and it’s compatible with the optional LCD Touch BacPac and Battery BacPac (both sold separately). The Wi-Fi Remote has a range of up to 600′ (180 m). Plus, it’s waterproof down to 10′ (3 m) and it can control up to 50 cameras at a time. The camera features an ultra wide angle, 6-element aspherical lens, a 12-megapixel low-light image sensor and a microSD card slot that accepts up to 64GB cards. There’s a USB 2.0 port, a micro HDMI output and a port for optional accessories including the 3.5mm Stereo Mic Adapter and Composite A/V Adapter (both sold separately).
To ensure you get the best shot possible, the HERO3 is equipped with advanced camera settings including video looping, continuous photo, Protune, manual white balance controls and more. Plus, it supports 12-megapixel burst shooting at 30 fps and time-lapse recording at 0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 30 or 60 second intervals. The HERO3 also supports picture in video, which allows you to simultaneously capture video and photos. The camera’s battery is a 1050 mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
- Wearable and mountable camera with ultra-sharp f/2.8 6-element aspherical glass lens supports immersive, wide angle capture of your favorite activities
- Captures video at 2.7K (30 fps) Cinema, 4K (12 fps) Cinema, 1440p (48 fps), 1080p Full HD (30 fps), 960p HD (100 fps), 720p HD (120 fps) and 480p WVGA (240 fps)
- Professional quality 5, 7 and 12-megapixel photo capture with 30 fps burst mode
- Built-in Wi-Fi enables remote control via Wi-Fi Remote (included) or live video preview and remote control on smartphones and tablets running the free GoPro app
- Wearable Wi-Fi Remote is waterproof down to 10′ (3 m), features a 600′ (180 m) range, and can control up to 50 cameras at a time
- Rugged housing is waterproof to 197′ (60 m) and captures sharp images above and below water
- Compatible with all GoPro mounts for attaching to gear, body, helmets, vehicles and more
- Compatible with LCD Touch BacPac and second generation Battery BacPac
- Backwards compatible with older generation BacPacs
- Advanced camera settings include video looping, continuous photo, picture in video, Protune, manual white balance controls and more
- Port for optional accessories supports 3.5mm Stereo Mic Adapter and Composite A/V Adapter (sold separately)
- Basic mounts and hardware included for attaching to helmets, gear and more
- Supports microSD cards up to 64GB
- Micro HDMI output
- Enhanced audio performance supports AAC audio compression with AGC
- Picture in video capable of shooting a photo every 5, 10, 30 or 60 sec while you record video
- Time-lapse video in 0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 30 or 60 second intervals
- Continuous photo at 3, 5 or 10 photos/sec
- Burst shooting modes (photos/sec): 3/1, 5/1, 10/1, 10/2, 30/1, 30/2, 30/3
- Professional quality low-light performance is 2x better than previous model
- Image processing is 2x faster than previous model
- Auto, Cam Raw, 3000K, 5500K and 6500K white balance modes
- Camera supports up to 45 Mbps high video bitrate capture (H.264)
- Four red recording LED indicators and one blue wireless status LED indicator
For more information and cool videos go to the official website: gopro.com